Thursday 21 January 2010

Post 2 - Not Enough Time

So here is my second and final post of 2009, originally posted 10th December 2009 (and then I was busy!)

I know it’s not been long since my last post but thought I would just keep you updated with things.

I’ve barely made a dint into that foot high to do list. I’ve been quite poorly this week so haven’t had chance to get much done. I’ve sold quite a lot of my Christmas decorations over the last week or two so I wawt to get some more made so that I have some for my own tree this Christmas!

I’ve started experimenting a bit more with the shape of my vessels and managed to get quite a bit of commission work done which was great. But sadly the pr to do list still remains mostly intact.

I’ve been updating my accounts and closing off the November accounts and looking at getting a business bank account. I know I need one but it’s all so daunting when you suddenly see all these terms and conditions and different interest rates etc etc. Each of the major banks have several different Business accounts that you can have. It’s a job knowing which one to go for. I think I will probably end up sticking with HSBC, as I have my current account with them. Also, in the studio today a lot of the 3rd years were complaining about their respective banks and the terrible service they offered. Good old HSBC didn’t get anything but praise so I think that’s cemented my reasoning! I guess I can always change if they’re not up to scratch.

Now I’d best get back to the mind boggling world of Excel spreadsheets. It’s been so long since I learnt about the Excel formulas at school that it’s proving to be a challenge getting to grips with them again. Steve (from the Enterprise Inc team, who is helping to teach me about spreadsheets) must have the patience of a saint. He made all the spreadsheets and formulas for me, all I have to do is learn what they do and input the correct information, but we’re constantly finding issues that need ‘tweaking’ with the spreadsheets to help tailor them better for my business. I’ve no idea how he’s managed to cope with teaching me about each new spreadsheet, I would have given up long ago!

Best get back to business,
Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment