Tuesday 2 February 2010

Grand Designs Might Explode My Mind!

On Monday I received a call from the organisers of the Grand Designs Live show in London. They said they had seen my work online and wanted to offer me space in their Design Arcade at a discounted rate (about £1000 cheaper than normal)I had to make the decision pretty fast as "spaces are selling very quickly."

Very excited, I rang my parents and we decided I should go for it. Whilst I was waiting for the contract to be emailed through, I emailed my mentor who questioned whether I maybe needed a bit more experience before embarking on something this big. This was just the beginning of the circle - for every person who has told me to go for it, there has been someone else telling me not to. Everyone has very valid points so round and round I go in circles!

Great experience, potential sales and exposure vs lots of money involved, is it the right environment for my work? Am I ready for it?

I feel like my brain might explode. At the minute I'm edging towards not doing it and giving myself a year to develop my products more before I try but that's by no means a final decision. The sales man rang again wanting answers and I told him to give me til the end of the week to sort things out. He said that all the stands might have gone by then but if they're gone they're gone. At least that would be a decision made!

Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment